What To Do About Rats On Your Estero Property
November 15, 2022 - Rats
If you've seen evidence of rats on your property, it's important to take action right away. Rats can cause a lot of damage to your property as well as spread diseases, so it's crucial to get rid of them as soon as possible. The experts at Quest Termite & Pest Services are here to discuss the most effective way to get rid of rats on your property with pest control in Estero and how to prevent future rat infestations.
How To Tell If It's Rats Lurking Around Your Property
Maybe you've seen a rat dart across your yard or think you heard rats inside your walls. If so, there are a few telltale signs you should look for to tell if you have rats on your property:
- Droppings: Rats leave behind small, black pellets of feces wherever they go. If you see these droppings around your property, it's a sure sign of rats.
- Gnawing: Rats like to gnaw on wood, so if you see any gnaw marks on your property, it could be due to rats.
- Footprints: Rats leave behind small footprints wherever they go. If you see these footprints, it's a good indication that you have rats on your property.
- Nests: Rats often build nests out of materials like paper or insulation. If you find a rat's nest on your property, it means you have an infestation.
If you see any of these signs on your property, it's time to call in an Estero rodent control professional. These pests reproduce quickly, so the sooner you get rid of them, the better.
Rats Cause Property Damage And Spread Diseases
Rats in Estero are not only a pesky nuisance, but they can also cause a lot of damage to your property. Rats like to gnaw on wood, so they can quickly cause damage to your home or other structures on your property. In addition, rats often build nests out of materials like paper or insulation, which can also be a fire hazard.
Rats are also notorious for their tendency to spread harmful diseases. Diseases caused by rats include salmonellosis, typhus, and hantavirus, which can be dangerous to humans. In addition, rats often urinate and defecate wherever they go, which can contaminate food and surfaces with disease-causing bacteria.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Rats On Your Property
When you discover rats on your property, your first instinct may be to set out traps or poison. However, these methods are often ineffective and can even be dangerous to humans and pets. Rats are a serious problem, and dealing with them on your own is not recommended.
The most effective way to get rid of rats is to call a professional pest control company. The experts at Quest Termite & Pest Services have the knowledge and experience necessary to get rid of rats on your property without putting your family at risk. We use the latest technology and environmentally friendly methods to get rid of rats quickly and efficiently. In addition, we offer a variety of pest control services to prevent rats from returning in the future.
Five Tips To Prevent Future Rat Infestations On Your Property
Here are some simple but effective tips to prevent a rat invasion on your property in the future:
- Seal up any cracks or holes in your home or other structures on your property.
- Keep your property clean and free of debris.
- Store all food in airtight containers.
- Remove any sources of water from your property that could attract rats.
- Keep your trees and bushes trimmed around your property to eliminate their hiding spots.
By following these tips, you can help prevent rats from taking up residence on your property in the future.
If you think you may have rats on your Estero property, don't hesitate to call the experts at Quest Termite & Pest Services. We use safe and environmentally friendly methods to get rid of rats in your home for good. Call us today to schedule a free inspection and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Estero.