Are You Struggling With Fruit Flies In Estero?
May 15, 2022 - Flies
There are few things as annoying as having tiny flies buzzing around inside your home. Of all the types of flies in Estero, fruit flies are among the most prevalent. These tiny insects invade living areas, appearing seemingly out of thin air, and cause big problems for homeowners. To help you get rid of fruit flies, we have some things for your to consider today. If you would rather skip straight to professional pest control services, call the experts at Quest Termite & Pest Services. We will schedule a service visit for your home and put you on the path to being pest-free. To learn more about the fruit flies in Estero, keep reading.
Is This A Fruit Fly?
There are many different kinds of flies that infest homes here in Estero. The question is, how can you tell a fruit fly apart from its close relatives? If you have a keen eye, look for its color. Fruit flies typically have red eyes, translucent wings, and are black on top and grey on their undersides. If you cannot tell what the flies in your home look like from their appearance, look at where they are gathering. Fruit flies are commonly found around ripened fruits and vegetables. You might also find these pests around drains, garbage disposals, empty bottles, trash cans, cleaning rags, and mops. All these pests need for development is a moist film or a fermenting item.
How To Tell If You Are Dealing With A Fly Infestation
Thankfully, fruit fly infestations are easy to identify. These pests make no effort to conceal their presence inside area homes and will buzz around without a care in the world. If you start seeing tiny flies flying around your living areas, you are either dealing with a fruit fly infestation or an infestation of another common type of fly. The question is, how do you get rid of flies, and are there any ways to prevent these pests from coming inside in the future?
Fruit Fly Prevention Tips
There are many methods that help to control flies before they get into area homes. To make things simple for you today, here are ten tips and tricks our experts recommend.
- Identify holes, gaps, and cracks in the exterior of your home’s foundation. Seal off these potential entry points using a caulking gun and some silicone caulk.
- Make sure all of your doors are protected with weatherstripping and door sweeps.
- Make sure your windows are guarded with weatherstripping and screens.
- Keep unused window/door screens closed.
- Address moisture issues like leaky piping, high humidity, and sources of water build-up.
- Clean up food messes and drink spills as they occur inside your home.
- Wash your dishes daily and make sure sinks are dry before going to bed at night.
- Do not buy overripened fruits or vegetables.
- Store leftover food, pet food, and pantry items inside airtight containers.
- Make sure your trash cans have tight-fitting lids.
The Best Fly Control in Estero
At Quest Termite & Pest Services, we are in the business of helping homeowners find freedom from annoying pests like fruit flies. If you have noticed an influx of these bugs inside your home, schedule an appointment today. We will send one of our qualified technicians your way with a quick and effective solution to your pest problem. We also offer long-term plans to protect your home year-round from a range of pests, including flies.
Call now if you want to know more about fruit flies or to discover an Estero pest control plan that fits your home’s needs.